The latest software update for Apple’s Watch line dubbed watchOS 7.3 will be available to download later today. It brings a new Unity watch face collection that pays homage to the Pan-African flag which ties in with Apple’s Black History Month initiatives.
In addition, the new update unlocks the electrocardiogram (ECG) and irregular heart rate rhythm features for Apple Watch Series 4 and above in Japan, Mayotte, the Philippines, and Thailand.
Apple Fitness+ subscribers can also expect to see the new Time to Walk feature which helps you relax on walks with cameos from celebrities. Other updates include performance improvements and bug fixes for Control Center and Notification Center.
watch OS 7.3 release notes:
- Unity watch face inspired by the colors of the Pan-African Flag, the shapes change throughout the day as you move creating a face that’s unique to you.
- Time to Walk for Apple Fitness+ subscribers – an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk.
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand.
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand.
- Fix for an issue where Control Center and Notification Center may be unresponsive when Zoom is enabled.