The Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB offers top notch build quality, beautiful design, a plethora of ports and perhaps my favorite: 3 HDMI ports for all of you out there who want to take your PC/laptop to the next level.
And while technology seems to be progressing, it seems that most of us are left with even fewer ports in our extra light/slim ultrabooks! Isn’t it true? Most laptops/ultrabooks now provide just 1 Thunderbolt/USB-C port for ALL our needs, aiming to reduce the thickness to a mere milimeters if that’s possible! As a result, more and more companies create their own hubs ranging from a mere dollars to several hundrend dollars depending on how deep our pocket really is. Baseus is no stranger to us – you know them as much as we do and most of you love their VFM products. The Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB is a true beast – both in size and its capabilities – and it packs 17 ports to connect our peripherals while keeping the host device charged and provides convenient connectivity for an expanded workspace.
It comes Plug and play ready, so it doesn’t require any software, drivers or complicated installation process. Let’s take a look at how it performs.
Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB – Main specs
- Name: Baseus Working Station Three-Screen Multifunctional Type-C HUB Adapter
- Material: aluminum alloy
- Size: 80mm*86mm*162mm
- Interface: Type-CPD (input) +Type-C (output) +USB2.0*2+4K HD*3+DC Power Supply*1+RJ45*1+SD+TF*1+USB 3.0*3+ Type-C+3.5mm Audio Jack
- Type-C PD input: 100W
- 4K HD: supports 4K@30HZ HD Display
- RJ45: Gigabit network speed, wired network connection, network connection for computers, tablets and mobile phones
- USB3.0*3: high-speed read and write data of flash disk, downward compatible with USB2.0 and USB1.1
- USB2.0*2: high-speed read and write data of flash disk, downward compatible with USB1.1
- SD/TF: Maximum 2T data reading is supported (simultaneous reading not supported, card inserted first is preferentially read)
- 3.5mm Audio jack: Supports input and output
- Type-C*2: Supports reading from Type-C flash disk (Type-C audio output not supported)
- HUB static power consumption: 2W
The box packaging containing the Baseus 17-in-1 USB-C Hub is huge and nicely designed as you may agree. It comes with everything we would like in order to easily connect our laptop/Mac Mini/Ultrabook to our accessories, such as a USB-C to USB-C for connecting the hub with our notebook, along with three plug adapters for UK, EU, and US socket types respectively.
- Features 3 HDMI 4K, Ethernet, Type-C PD, Type-C PC, DC power, SD&TF Card Reader, 3.5mm Audio, 2 Type-C ports, 3 USB3.0 and 2 USB2.0, USB-C port with power delivery to host with the equipped USB-C to USB-C cable. Portable design, Plug, and Play.
- Triple Display Flexibility – Triple display modes Boost your efficiency 3 times. Supports resolutions up to 4K(3840*2160)@60Hz with a single HDMI display, 4K(3840*2160)@30Hz if two HDMI displays, and 1080P if three HDMI displays are attached. Baseus dock enhanced productivity and entertainment options with high-speed connectivity and support for Ultra HD 4K displays. ღღღNOTE: For Apple computer user (MAC OSmac os), displays are Mirror mode only.ღღღ
- Stable Connection & Transmission – Three 3. 0 USB ports support transmission speed rates of up to 5 Gbps, connect to your smart phone, tablet and hard drive for effortless data transfer. Two USB2.0 ports to support more stable connection with keyboard and mouse; Built in SD and TF slots for easy access to files from universal SD and Micro SD Memory Card; 1000Mbps Ethernet port (supports 10/100/1000Mbps speeds)ensures a more stable and faster network connection.
- Compatible with laptops and smart devices with USB C port : Google Chromebook Pixel, Google PixelBook Pen, Dell XPS13/15, G3/G5/G7, HP Pavlion x2, Lenovo, Apple MacBook, Apple MacBook Pro, Apple MacBook Air, and many other Multifunctional Type C laptops. Also compatible with the cell phone (DP Alt Mode): Samsung Galaxy Note S10/plus, S9/plus, S8/plus, and Huawei high-end series.
- Built-in newest VL817 master chip ensures the normal operation of 17 ports and provides over-current, over-voltage, over-temperature triple protection to ensure safety. We offer 1-Year Warranty, 45-Day money back and lifetime technical support.Please feel free to contact us.About more detail,please check with product desperation.
The Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB is made from a solid piece of aluminum and can be positioned vertically on a removable stand to save space or even horizontally if you have any space to spare. The aluminum base of the hub holds it tight in place while powering other devices or offering a vast array of connectivity options. It’s quite heavy but still easy to put it inside any PC carrying bag.
After almost 2 weeks of everyday use, I have to admit that it covered my needs, offering decent transfer speeds, good quality and reliability when needed.
Every day performance
So what can we find on this huge USB hub? On the front, starting from top to bottom, you have a SD card slot, microSD card slot, 3x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x USB 3.0 Type-C ports, and a 3.5 mm audio combo jack. Be warned that only one card reader can be used at one time – but still its nice to have the ability to choose.
Going to the back of the device we can also find: a USB-C PD port for connecting a USB-C PD charger, a USB-C PD port for connecting to a computer, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 3x HDMI ports, a DC jack for powering the hub (it needs some juice doesn’t it?) and a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port. Note that the Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB supports up to 100 Watt of USB-C PD so you won’t have any problem charging fast any type of device.
With this hub-giant any user can enjoy high definition display on up to 3 additional monitors (as long as your hardware can cope with them). To be more precise the device comes with normal HDMI 1080p support on all 3 ports. If you want some more, you can get 4K@60Hz output on one HDMI, and 4K@30Hz on 2 more ports with no problems. In my setup I connected it to a QHD@60Hz monitor and a FHD@60Hz monitor at the same time with no issues at all.
Baseus Working Station Type-C hub – Our verdict:
I have to say that Baseus managed to build one of the best looking hubs out there, while providing a vast array of ports necessary for every type of user, no matter how proffessional or not they may be. The Baseus Working Station Type-C HUB offers top notch build quality, beautiful design, a plethora of ports and perhaps my favorite: 3 HDMI ports for all of you out there who want to take your PC/laptop to the next level. Yes, it has some limitations when using all HDMI ports at the same time (you cannot achieve 4K resolution to all HDMI’s at the same time and some may have to drop to 1080p, but still if this doesn’t trouble you then THIS is the hub to own!
Buy it here