Samsung recently released the Galaxy S21 series which includes Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra. All the models in this series use AMOLED screens that support 120Hz high refresh, HDR10+, etc. While the Galaxy S21 and S21+ have a resolution of 2400 × 1080, the Galaxy S21 Ultra uses a 3200 × 1440. This is the first in the series to use a 2K 120Hz display. However, the Galaxy S21 Ultra is not only superior in resolution, in fact, the screen is also different. According to new information from Samsung, the Galaxy S21 Ultra is the first to use a new generation of OLED screens.
Samsung Display claims that the S21 Ultra’s display uses new organic materials. Relative to the previous OLED, this display significantly improves the luminous efficiency. Furthermore, the display also reduces power consumption by more than 16%.
OLED uses organic light-emitting materials to express colors. In the absence of a backlight, organic materials can emit light when energized. Therefore, the luminous efficiency of organic materials can greatly affect the color gamut, brightness, HDR, outdoor visibility, and power consumption of the display screen.
Samsung Display has developed new organic materials to increase the moving speed of electrons in the organic material layer, thereby greatly improving luminous efficiency. This means that new materials can emit brighter light while consuming less energy. In the 5G era of increasing video viewing time, it can help improve the battery life of smartphones.
The display screen is an important component that affects the battery life of the smartphone. By reducing the power consumption of the display screen, the battery life of the smartphone can be improved.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G specifications
- 6.8-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 515 PPI, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (10~120Hz), up to 1500 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 108MP rear camera with ISOCELL HM3 sensor, LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus sensor, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.1 x 75.6 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 228g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging