The information was shared by LetsGoDigital website, they finalized the conceptual images in accordance with the recent leaks.
According to the source, the first foldable smartphone of Samsung in 2021 will be the successor to the Galaxy Z Flip. Presumably, the model will not be named the Galaxy Z Flip 2, but the Galaxy Z Flip 3, to keep up with the markings of another foldable series, the Galaxy Z Fold.
The images showcase the Galaxy Z Flip 3 with a design that inherits the features of the original Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy S21, which are expected to be announced in a few days. In particular, the smartphone will receive a triple camera exactly like the Galaxy S21. In addition, the screen has been increased by reducing the thickness of the frames, the hinge has been redesigned, and the opening in the screen for the camera has been reduced.
The source previously noted high-quality and accurate renders of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G and many other new products long before their announcement.
The specs of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
The smartphone should be available next summer, but some of the key features of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 have already leaked online. The source claims the Galaxy Z Flip 3 will feature a 6.9-inch screen with narrower bezels and a smaller camera opening. It will also support 120Hz. The first Galaxy Z Flip has a 60 Hz 6.7-inch screen.
We also expect that the external screen will increase, so its diagonal will increase from 2.2 to 3.3 inches. Ross Young, founder of research companies Display Supply Chain Consultants and DisplaySearch, said the smartphone’s external screen will be smaller than the Motorola Razr (2.7 inches).
The phone will feature a new ultra-thin glass (UTG) which will enhance the durability of the smartphone. The battery capacity will be 3900 mAh, while the original smartphone has a 3300 mAh battery.
Much better durability
Let’s see if these can aged well but basically confirmed what I said before and yesterday Korean media report
— Snapdrachun 888 5G (@chunvn8888) November 25, 2020
here is a reminder of the specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external; cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 3.09 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 + 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 585) with Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Unfolded: 167.3×73.6×7.2mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) / 3204mAh (minimum) battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging