If you are not aware, some gamers just fancy playing specific games with a mouse and keyboard, and using a phone as a remote is a comfortable way to browse the Internet, sort through the PlayStation Store, and view content on streaming services.
Luckily for us, it is very simple to control your PS4 without a controller and the process is not complicated in any way. Let’s break everything down by answering your How Do I Use My PS4 Without A Controller question:
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I See How Many Hours Played On PS4
How To Use PS4 With Keyboard And Mouse?
PlayStation lets you play games with 3rd-party keyboards and mice. They could be either Bluetooth or USB, and gamers can install them to replace the normal controllers. To connect a USB keyboard or mouse to PS4, just adhere to these instructions:
How Can I Connect A USB Keyboard & Mouse To My PS4?
- Plug your device into an empty USB port on the PS4.
- The console will recognize your device and prompt you on which profile you would like to pair the device with.
- Choose the PS4 profile that you would want to pair with the device.
How Can I Connect A Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse To My PS4?
- From the PS4’s Home Screen, press up on the D-pad to choose the navigation menu.
- Head to “Settings.”
- Find “Devices.”
- Enter “Bluetooth Devices.”
- Hold on for the system to scan for closeby Bluetooth devices.
- Pair the devices normally by following the default pairing process of your Bluetooth device.
- The PS4 will recognize a new device.
- Select the profile that you wish to link with the device.
How Can I Use A PS4 With My Smartphone?
Sony officially launched a PlayStation application which aids you to use your mobile phone or tab to control your PS4 remotely. You can use them as a keyboard, as a controller, or even as a remote controller. The smartphone controller feature is still not available in several games, however, it might be useful in specific situations.
1. Download The App:
Download the application on the Play Store and App Store.
Connect your PS4 by using the “Second Screen” feature. To make this happen, you have to adhere to these instructions:
- Launch the PS4 application.
- Click “Connect to PS4.”
- Choose “Second Screen.” If it cannot find the PS4, then ensure they are in the same network.
- Click to link the devices.
After this, you will have to enter a special code to register your device to the PS4:
- Head to the Settings menu on your PS4.
- Locate the PlayStation App Connection Settings menu.
- Choose “Add Device” on your PS4.
- There will be a code on this screen.
- Copy the code to your device’s application to officially register the device.
The “PlayStation App Connection Settings” display will reveal all the devices that you link to your PS, and from the menu, you can unlink them in the future.
You Might Also Want To Read: How Do I Hide Games On PS4
3. Start Using Your Smartphone:
After linking the devices, the only thing remaining is to use it as a remote. To make this happen, adhere to these instructions:
- Head to the PS4 application on your smartphone.
- Click “Connect to PS4.”
- Choose “Second Screen.”
- Click the “Second Screen” button below your PS4.
- The remote along with 4 icons will then pop up way up on the screen.
That is that.