At last, prepaid meters are here to enhance our electricity access and reduce our utility costs in Nigeria. Gone are the days of pay after use and the disconnection drama that comes with it when NEPA officials show up for payment. If you own a CIG meter and you need it activated as soon as possible, see How To Activate CIG Prepaid Meter For The First Time:
Things To Know Before Activating Your CIG Prepaid Meter For The First Time?
- Your meter number is available on the card that comes with your meter, you are to use it for payments.
- Your account number is still your account number on your bill, which is connected to this meter number for every customer.
- The batteries are used to power up the device if there is no light.
- The cable is used to power up the device if there is power, and can also be used to communicate with the meter and the CIU-PC1 device.
- The CIU-PC1 device should never be plugged into a generator or a power source that is not linked to the meter. Also, if it is plugged into voltage regulators, it will not work.
How Can I Activate My CIG Prepaid Meter For The First Time?
By now, you must have received the three sets of digits from IKEDC as it will be used to activate your CIG prepaid meter. If you have not, reach out to the electricity company for the numbers.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Activate MOJEC Prepaid Meter For The First Time
The 1st digit is your meter number, the 2nd and 3rd are activation codes to connect your account number to the meter. The CIU-PC1 device should only be used when there is power in your house (i.e if your meter is still running pre-loaded credit reading, or if it has been exhausted but there is light in the meter.) Adhere to these instructions:
- Put in the first eleven digits, which should be the same as your meter number. Press the red button.
- You would see a “Connect” message then “Success” within five seconds.
- Put in the first twenty digits then press the red button.
- Another “Connect” will be visible then a beep that shows something identical to “15t.” You are on the right track as long as you do not see “Reject” or “Failed.”
- Put in the second twenty digits then press the red button.
- Another “Connect” and “Success” will be seen.
You Might Also Want To Read: How to activate Instagram music feature
That is that, you have finally set up your CIG prepaid meter. Leave it plugged if you want to load the credit because as soon as you unplug it, it immediately gets disconnected from the meter. Simply adhere to the instructions on the manual that comes with the CIU-PC1 device to perform other operations such as loading credit and checking balance.
Press 009, then the red button to check your balance. As soon as it is plugged in, always type in your meter number first, before pressing the red button to connect to the meter or perform any other transactions. It is as simple as that.
You are done.