Chromebook is home to most of the features of a laptop, excluding expensive memory, and it guarantees simple management for owners. If you are not aware, with the Chrome management console, administrators can seamlessly control users, devices, and applications across several Chromebooks.
Google Apps for Education, free cloud-based email, storage, collaborative documents and presentations, e.t.c. have also contributed to the growth of Chromebooks, and the devices also come with the battery life of a tablet for those that intend to use for a long time.
If you are not aware, several Chromebooks can install Android applications from the Play Store, and this a very vital feature. This happens easily via a unique Android layer on your Chrome OS device. Therefore, which version of Android does it run? You should find out.
If you are not aware, Chromebooks run Android applications in a layer that keeps them separated from the rest of the system. You can actually locate a regular Android Settings menu if you know to search. Within these settings, users can even view which version of Android their Chromebook is running. To help with that, see How To Check Which Android Version Is On Your Chromebook:
How Can I Check Which Android Version Is On My Chromebook?
- To get started, access the App Drawer on your Chromebook and tap “Settings.”
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Install Linux Apps On Your Chromebook
- Swipe down to “Apps” and then tap the drop-down arrow close to “Google Play Store.”
- Tap the square arrow icon close to “Manage Android Preferences” to access the Android settings.
- You are now staring at the regular Settings menu you will see on an Android device or tab. Tap “System.”
- After that, tap “About Device.”
- Here, the version number of Android that’s running on your PC will be visible. As shown below, the Chromebook is running Android 9 Pie.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Install MacOS/OSX On Your Chromebook
Normally, Chromebooks do not receive Android version updates as often as Android phones or tablets since it is very unnecessary to run applications.
That is that.