The Galaxy M31 comes with the famous Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display protection 6.4 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, 6000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery, 64MP camera quad, ultrawide, macro and depth, 32MP selfie camera, and many other features.
If we list all its specs, we’ll never finish, so let’s go straight to our main goal here, which is knowing how to connect Samsung Galaxy M31 to a TV. For Samsung TVs, there are several ways to share content from your Samsung phone on a larger screen.
Samsung Galaxy M31 was recently launched and is already getting great reviews. If you’ve bought one recently, a question you might ask yourself is this: How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy M31 to the TV, for Netflix streaming, for YouTube videos, or just for screen mirroring? Find the answers below, so keep reading!
Some of these methods include mirroring with Wi-Fi, mirroring with Samsung AllShare, and casting with Samsung Smart View. Read on to find out how to connect Samsung Galaxy M31 to TV to a Samsung TV.
1. How to connect Samsung Galaxy M31 to TV with Samsung Smart View
One of the easiest ways to mirror content from Samsung smartphone to Samsung TV is with Samsung Smart View. This feature works easily with Samsung smartphones released from 2016 onwards, such as the Samsung Galaxy M31.
If your TV is a Smart TV that can connect to Wi-Fi, you shouldn’t have any problems connecting your smartphone to the TV. Users can also connect and connect a casting dongle, such as Chromecast, to their TV to use Smart View.
- If you own a Samsung Smart TV, make sure your Samsung smartphone and your Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re using a casting dongle, make sure it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Samsung smartphone.
- From your phone, drag the notification bar down to view the app shortcut menu.
- Swipe left to show the rest of the context menu.
- Tap Smart View.
- Choose your Samsung TV.
- During the first time setup, select Allow with the TV remote control when the TV asks you to confirm the connection.
- For a connection with a dongle, the smartphone should mirror itself immediately.
From now on, you will be able to open most of the apps and programs from your Samsung Galaxy M31 and they will play on your Samsung TV.
2. How to connect Samsung Galaxy M31 to Samsung TV
To connect a Samsung Galaxy M31 and a Samsung TV with Wi-Fi mirroring, both devices must be up to date and able to connect to Wi-Fi.
You will need to own a Samsung Smart TV made in 2013 or later; these TVs will have an F or later in their model numbers, indicating the year of manufacture. Samsung TVs manufactured before 2013 can use wired methods of connecting with smartphones, such as Samsung AllShare.
How to set up Samsung Smart TV for Wi-Fi mirroring
Enabling mirroring on Samsung Smart TVs may vary by model. You will most likely be able to figure out which method you need to use depending on the buttons on your Samsung TV remote.
For some older models, you need to press the Source button on the remote, then select Screen Mirroring. For other newer models, you need to press Menu on the remote control, then select Network > Screen Mirroring.
How to set up Samsung Galaxy M31 for Wi-Fi mirroring
- Drag the notification bar down.
- Tap Screen mirroring.
- Wait for the device to search for available devices to connect to.
- Choose your TV from the available devices. You will likely see the TV name or model number.
- If a PIN number appears on the TV screen, enter the PIN into the smartphone when prompted.
Once the connection is established, you will be able to open most of the apps and programs from your Samsung smartphone and they will mirror on your Samsung Smart TV.
To enable mirroring on an older Samsung HD TV, you need to have a Samsung AllShare Cast hub, which allows the TV to connect to your smartphone.
- Plug your Samsung Cast AllShare Cast Hub into a power source, then wait for the red light to turn on.
- Connect your AllShare Cast wireless hub to HDTV with an HDMI cable.
- Select Source or Menu on the remote control, then select the appropriate HDMI cable input source for the connection.
- The AllShare Cast Wireless Hub light will blink red once the TV is detected.
- Press the Reset button on the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.
Once reset, the indicator light should be blue, indicating that the TV is connected and ready for mirroring with a Samsung smartphone.
- Access the app drawer on your Samsung smartphone and tap Settings.
- Tap Screen mirroring.
- Enable screen mirroring and wait for your device to scan for available devices to connect to for mirroring.
- Choose your TV from the available devices.
The TV should immediately start mirroring the smartphone home screen. From here you will be able to open most of the apps and programs from your Samsung smartphone and they will appear on your Samsung TV.
4. How to connect Samsung Galaxy M31 to TV using Google Chromecast
Then there is the Google Chromecast. This device allows you to stream content from your Android smartphone or tablet directly to the TV. All you have to do is install the Google Home app, which you will find for free in the Play Store, and connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV.
In the Google Home app menu, select Cast Screen/Audio, then tap the blue button, then select the device you want to connect to.
Alternatively, some devices have a Cast button in the quick settings panel, found by swiping down from the top of the device screen. If the Cast option isn’t available, you may be able to add it to the quick settings in your phone’s options.