How to download Youtube video into your phone with one simple trick
Download your Favourite Videos from YouTube in no time
Have you ever come across a YouTube video, and there was this desire to watch it over and over again, but because of the limited data, you just had to forfeit it? Well, let me make myself a case study.
Sincerely speaking, I was once in your shoes. This issue was more common during the era of keypad phones, before android devices became rampant. And you know the limitation of these phones – they can’t watch YouTube videos. There was a lot of important videos I had to watch, and I didn’t know that it was possible to download them even if I can’t watch them online.
It was some years later I found the secret. My friend finally taught me something expensive. I call it the “ss” trick. With this trick, you can download any video.
Apart from this, with the advent of android phones, vidmate and TubeMate now help many users. But the shortcoming of this is that there are too many ads and it takes a lot of space.
So the method I am about to teach you is straightforward and you can use opera mini to achieve this. Let us dive in…
How to download Youtube videos in 5 easy steps
1. Launch your browser. I suggest opera mini.
2. Visit YouTube and locate your desired video. This could be a movie, prank, music video or any other sort. The choice is yours.
3. When you have found the video, simply edit the url (address). This is quite simple, but for the non-techy ones, I will explain better.
The URL is the unique address of every webpage in the internet. YouTube videos also have urls because they are embedded in a web page. Simply, the url is that field that starts with https or www on the top of the screen.
For instance, the homepage url of YouTube is www.youtube.com.
For the video you are about to download, you are most likely going to see m.youtube.com… as the url.
4. Add “ss” between the “.” and “YouTube”. So in essence, our new url becomes m.ssyoutube.com… Click on enter.
5. A new webpage will load, showing details of the video you want to download. You can now move on to choose the video format you want to download. This may be MP3, 3gp, wave, etc.
It’s that easy. In minutes, you will find your video and you can watch it as long as you want.