It’s annoying when your DualSense controller disconnects and you aren’t able to keep playing on your PS5. Fortunately, restoring a connection is a simple process regardless of what has gone wrong. Here’s how to resync a PS5 DualSense controller.
Products used in this guide
How to resync a PS5 DualSense controller
- Turn on your PS5.
- Connect the DualSense controller to the PS5 with a USB-C cord.
- Press the PS button to turn on your DualSense.
- Make sure you controller has a charged battery.
- You can check the battery life under the Accessories section.
- When charged, you can disconnect the USB-C cable.
Your controller should now stay connected wirelessly to your PS5 without issue. If it won’t stay connected once you unplug the USB-C cable, you’ll need to reset the controller. To reset your DualSense entirely:
- Turn off your PS5.
- Make sure your DualSense is turned off.
- Find the small reset button on the back of the DualSense.
Source: Samuel Tolbert / Android Central
- Using a tiny tool, press the button and hold for 5 seconds.
- Try to connect the DualSense to your PS5 again.
This should entirely solve your problem. If your DualSense continues to stay unresponsive, you’ll need to contact Sony for a replacement.
PS5 DualSense controller
Delivering next-gen sensations
The DualSense is Sony’s latest controller designed to accompany with the PS5. With its refined size, adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, it provides unique gameplay feedback that can be customized to heighten individual games. The battery isn’t too bad, which means connection issues should stay fairly rare.
2-pack USB-C charging cables
Quick and simple charging
USB-C is the latest standard for connections for good reason. Fast-charging technology means you can use a USB-C cable to quickly charge your DualSense so you’re not left waiting around to resume playing.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.