Do you want to run a security check up on your Google account? Are you concerned about someone using your Google account for something “fishy”?
In this article, I am going to show you exactly how to run a security check up on your Google account. This checkup will show you how safe your Google account is and whether you need to correct or update some information.
For most mobile phone users, Google account is what they use for all their apps. From Gmail to Google Photos, YouTube, etc. you need a Google account. Therefore, Google introduced the security checkup option to help you find loopholes in your Google account.
How To Run A Security Checkup On Your Google Account
The Security Checkup option shows you places where you might need to manually check and fix things to ensure that your Google account cannot be used by anyone except you.
- Open any app or website that requires you to log in with your Google account. Some of these apps include Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.
- Sign in with your Google account’s email and password.
- Click on your profile photo or the icon in the upper right and select the button for your Google account.
- Swipe over the tabs to the Security tab.
- Under the Security Issues found, tap on Secure account.
- A list of all the security issues will be listed. Click on each of them and complete the task to secure your account.
ALTERNATIVELY you can visit the Google Security Checkup webpage and follow the same steps listed above to secure your Google account.
How To Run A Security Checkup On Your Google Account on Android
For Android users, you can simply perform the security checkup on your phone without opening any webpage or website. This is because almost all Android phones and devices use Google and its services.
- On your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap on Google Account and then head over to Manage Your Account.
- On the next page, swipe over to the Security tab and then tap on Secure account.
- The number of issues Google has with your account will be listed along with the issues. Tap on each of them and complete the required task.
- After that, your Google account will be secured and you will have the full confidence that your account is protected.
From the methods and steps listed above, you can clearly see that running a security checkup on your Google account is very simple and fast.
Although running a security checkup on your Google account is not mandatory, I will advise you to do so at least once every two months. In the long run, this will help you protect your Google account against any unforeseen situation.
The post How To Run A Security Checkup On Your Google Account appeared first on Mfidie.com.
Source – Mfidie.com