Monsters can be very scary. Hidden in the closet, under the bed, behind the door, … But they can also be a lot of fun! With Primary World monster drawings you will have terrifying fun coloring the most creepy creatures of all time. Download Free Mostri da colorare e stampare for Kids at disegnidacolorare123
Drawings of monsters for children
You can look for a monster with 1 or more eyes, furry or with scales, horns, antennae, many legs, a long tail, with a terrifying or, conversely, a little silly expression that causes quite grace (the latter is perfect because the little ones manage to lose their fear of monsters).
Monster drawings: what types of monsters are there?
We can classify them according to their main characteristics:
- Terrestrial monsters: they are the most common and their main characteristics are: hairy, scaly, large, small, with 1, 2 or more eyes, different legs and hands, in human or animal shape … In this category you can find the Yetis , werewolves, vampires, zombies, mummies, wizards and witches.
- Sea monsters: live in the sea, lakes and lagoons. They typically have scaly or reptilian skin, they can have human-shaped body parts such as mermaids, ceceliads, undines, newts … or they can be completely animal or strange creatures such as krakens, seahorses, giant octopuses …
- Air Monsters: You can imagine they are the ones with wings or flying. They can be in the form of insects, humans, animals, or weird things. Its appearance is generally terrifying and unpleasant, it includes wings that can be feathered or furry like those of dragons or bats, paws with large claws, long tail …
- Reptiles or Dinosaurs: They have scaly skin like that of reptiles, are strong with large jaws, some are marine, while others are terrestrial or amphibious.
- Insects: they have similar characteristics to these: many legs (at least more than 4), antennae, they are invertebrates, 2 or more eyes … Downloading insect monster drawings can help them lose their fear of real life insects.
- Phantasmagoric: they are transparent or invisible, many times they are represented with a floating sheet with two eyes.
Creative ideas for painting monster pictures with the little ones
Have you already downloaded and printed our ready-to-paint monster drawings, but don’t know how to fill them with life so your little one loses fear of them? Here we bring you some tips:
- If it’s hairy, use colorful feathers, pipe cleaners, and even glitter to give it a 3D look.
- Glue on small moving eyes for a more fun look.
- With gouache or watercolors you can give it a reptilian scale or texture.
- With washed and painted eggshells, you can improve the flaky texture of their skin.
- With the help of sponges, old brushes, toothbrushes or ropes that you no longer use, you can give it texture both with the paint and with the object itself.