The Galaxy A02 model is even lower in terms of specs than the Galaxy A02S, which began selling before the new year.
The Galaxy A02 is equipped with a 6.5-inch TFT screen with HD + resolution (1560 x 720 pixels) with a V-notch for a 5-megapixel front camera, a dual main camera with 13-megapixel, 2-megapixel sensors. The battery has a capacity of 5000 mAh and supports 7.75 W charging.
The hardware base is a quad-core MediaTek MT6739W SoC with a clock speed of 1.5 Hz, 2 or 3 GB of RAM and 32 or 64 GB of internal flash memory. Dimensions are 164 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm and weight is 196g.
Galaxy A02 lacks a fingerprint scanner, NFC and other features, but it has 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g / n), Bluetooth 5, GPS and GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack, separate slots for two SIM cards and memory cards. The smartphone runs Android 10 with the proprietary Samsung One UI.
The price has so far been announced only for Thailand, it cost only $100.
Samsung Galaxy A02 (2021) Specifications
- 6.5-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ LCD Infinity-V display
- 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739W 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 32GB Storage;/ 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 164.0 x 75.9x 9.1mm; Weight: 206g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5,000mAh battery with 7.75W charging
Samsung does not expect record sales for the Galaxy S21 series
The Samsung Galaxy S20 5G series, last year’s flagship smartphones from the South Korean company, did not see strong sales. This is believed to be one of the reasons the South Korean giant launched its successor, the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, a few weeks earlier than usual.
Nevertheless, the company is rather modest about the potential sales of the Galaxy S21 5G. According to the latest data, Samsung plans to ship about 26 million units of the Galaxy S21 series this year, which is in line with the number of Galaxy S20 5G units sold. That is, the forecast is very, very restrained.
The company expects to sell about 10 million Galaxy S21 smartphones, eight million Galaxy S21 + and about the same Galaxy S21 Ultra. As for the Galaxy S20 line, Samsung initially planned to sell 35 million units, but managed to sell only 26 million of them.
Samsung may adjust the estimated shipments of the Galaxy S21 series smartphones in the first quarter. Analysts believe the company will eventually be able to sell over 30 million new smartphones.