The new update brings a V3.09 version number and has a total size of 3.2GB. As expected, the update introduces all the features present on the latest
flavor numbered version of Android. It namely includes the new improved permission settings and better notifications management. Obviously, the update also brings a set of Nubia exclusive features for its UI. It includes tweaks for the picture in picture mode, a revamped app cloning feature, new avatars for the back panel. The update also brings some refreshments for the Game Space mode.
The biggest controversy in this update is that it brings only September 2020 security patch. We’re already in November, and companies will start to push the respective November security patches. It’s weird to see a new Android 11 Beta carrying a two-month-old security patch. Perhaps, Nubia was testing this beta internally for quite some time and, now, is pushing the same build for testers. Hopefully, the company will provide an updated security patch in time for the official release.
Nubia Z20 Android 11 Beta update changelog
- Update: Google security patch updated to 2020.09
- Optimization: Power consumption strategy in multiple scenarios
- Optimized System stability
- Improvements for Overall system performance
- New: Split screen function, support for starting in the control center or multi-tasking
- New: Clone Function, support WeChat, QQ, Weibo, Taobao, Jingdong, and other applications.
- New: UI style overall upgrade.
- Crosshair assist function.
- New: One-click combo function, Picture-in-picture function, support WeChat, QQ, Douyin, Bilibili, and other applications.
- New: Dark mode
- New: Quickly turn on the flashlight under the lock screen.
- New: WiFi QR code sharing function
- Optimization: WiFi links Support hotspot sharing in the state.
- Optimization: the effect of some application scenes.
- Optimization: improve the screen quality, increase the horizontal and vertical screen recording function.
- Fixed call silent problem in some scenes.
How to install the update
The process for getting this Android 11 build to run on the handset is quite simple. Just make sure to have at least 50% battery life. After all, this can be a demanding process.
- Download the Update Here
- Download the ROM, and move the file to the root of your internal storage.
- Go to Settings -> System updates
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the top-right corner and select the Local Update option
- Select the ZIP file which you download in the first step and click Install now
- Reboot the device.
After the process, you’ll be running the latest Android 11 Beta on your Nubia Z20. Take in mind that this is an unfinished product, so it may contain bugs. That said, we’re not recommending this for your daily usage, so install at your own risk.