The Poco M2 smartphone will be presented in India on September 8th. Thanks to a new advertising poster, we now know that this device will receive a Full HD+ screen with a waterdrop notch, a triple main camera, 6 GB of RAM and a design similar to that of the Redmi 9 line.
POCO M2 WILL PROBABLY BE A COPY OF THE REDMI 9 SMARTPHONE
Considering that Poco M2 Pro is an almost complete copy of Redmi Note 9 Pro, we can assume that Poco M2 will be the same copy of Redmi 9, especially since the visual difference lies only in the absence of a characteristic circle around the camera module.
Redmi 9, we recall, is equipped with a 6.53-inch screen, a 5020 mAh battery with support for 18-watt charging, MediaTek Helio G80 SoC and a quad-camera with 13, 8, 5 and 2 megapixel sensors. Perhaps the Poco M2 will have some minor differences, but it is unlikely that we are talking about a smartphone with the same design, but completely different specs.
REDMI 9 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash. 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging