See What Happens When You Overcharge Your Phone.
These fears arises because of a whole lot of reasons pertaining to the battery life.
Fast charging is also another factor but the question is, Can a fast charger damage your battery on the long run?
Basically, your phone and most of the widely used personal electronics uses lithium-ion (LI-ION) rechargeable batteries. Creating a strong battery is a big call but the hope lies in it’s power saving features and softwares that can manage battery efficiently.
Conventionally, a charger output ranges from 5W – 10W which can be improved through the use of a fast charger.
When you charge your phone, it undergoes two phases of charging.
The first stage is called constant current charging. At this stage, there is a constant flow of current into your phone. It terminates at the 70% charge While the second stage is called the constant voltage charging. Here, the remaining 30% balances the voltage coming in with the existing ones. When the battery is at maximum (full), this stage ends and a special kind of charging takes over. This is called trickle charge.
This charge is equivalent to the same percentage of what ever your battery is loosing. A trickle charge is beneficial to your battery than a 0 – 100% recharge.
Also, your battery’s management system helps to minimize the effects of generated internal heat during overcharging.
Letting your phone to shutdown is actually the real danger. This is because it causes a chemical reaction in your battery which affects it’s performance.
Also Follow us on Facbook, Twitter, Instagram For Give Away!