The blogger, who already has 6.5 million subscribers, conducted familiar tests for scratch resistance, screen resistance to fire and bending. The hardness of the ZTE Axon 20 5G protective glass corresponds to 6 points on the Mohs scale, like most other smartphones on the market.
The blade was able to break off several pieces of the frame, which is made of plastic, the back panel is covered with glass, which is scratched with the same force as the front part. The scratch test was also carried out on the optical fingerprint scanner located under the display. But even after serious scratches, the smartphone could still be easily unlocked.
The test confirmed that the area of the screen above the front camera quickly becomes visible when heated, so it is not recommended to leave the smartphone screen up in the sun.
During the last test, the smartphone bent noticeably, but the screen and body did not crack.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
ZTE Axon 20 5G sub-screen camera has totally failed the test
As we already reported, the first smartphone with a sub-screen front camera went on sale in various countries around the world, which is named ZTE Axon 20 5G.
Our colleagues at The Verge have carried out a test of the ZTE Axon 20 front camera, comparing it to the selfie camera of the Google Pixel 5 smartphone.
Obviously, the photos of the front camera of the ZTE Axon 20 are much worse in quality. The detail and clarity of the images are not so good. For selfie lovers, the ZTE Axon 20 is definitely not suitable. In terms of image quality, the ZTE Axon 20 resembles smartphones that came out many years ago.
The ZTE Axon 20 5G features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC, a 6.92-inch Full HD + (2460 x 1080 pixels) OLED screen with an integrated fingerprint reader, a 32MP front camera, and a 64+8+2+2 main camera sensors.
The battery has a capacity of 4220 mAh and supports 30W fast charging. The smartphone runs MiFlavor 10.5 based on the Android 10 operating system.