In 2014, Google offered the world Android One. The idea of the program was simple – to create affordable devices based on stock Android and make them happy with quick updates. And now, four years after the announcement, the program is practically dead and almost no one is interested in its development.
Among those who picked up the idea with the release of devices within the framework of Android One was Xiaomi. Its Xiaomi Mi A1 in 2017 enjoyed good popularity. And the idea of releasing smartphones on “pure” Android came to the liking of users. Moreover, there are even more supporters of the stock system than MIUI.
At one time, the company organized a survey of users, in which it invited them to vote for MIUI 11 or “stock” Android. And as it turned out, 57 percent would like to see an untouched version of the green robot on Xiaomi smartphones. The company decided to remove the results of the vote so as not to compromise its own interface. However, it listened to the aspirations of users by releasing a sequel: Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Mi A3 and Xiaomi Mi A3 Lite.
2020 was supposed to be marked by the release of the Xiaomi Mi A4, but more and more predictions are being made that the Xiaomi Mi A3 may never find a successor.
Today, a number of media outlets circulated the news that the company is stopping the creation of devices within the Android One program. The Android One project has outlived its usefulness and a few manufacturers are interested in it. This indirectly confirms the abandonment of the line by the fact that until today there are no rumors or leaks about Xiaomi Mi A4.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the current Xiaomi Mi A3.
XIAOMI MI A3 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1). 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage. Expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS. 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture. 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Also Follow us on Facbook, Twitter, Instagram For Give Away!