Xiaomi Redmi K30s Specs, Price and Best Deals
Feeling exhausted by Xiaomi’s nomenclature system? Well, you just have to hang on a little longer. Xiaomi has added a new member to the Redmi K30 series and it’s dubbed the Xiaomi Redmi K30s. It falls in line as the most premium member of the series, bearing features that set it on a higher pedestal. What’s more, the Redmi K30s happens to share DNA with the Xiaomi Mi 10T. More on that later.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi K30s
Jumia Nigeria | Jumia Kenya | Jumia Ghana
Xiaomi Redmi K30s Specs & Features
- 6.67-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 395 PPI
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Octa-core Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 13MP + 5MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 20MP Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side-Mounted)
- 33W Fast Charging
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
When it comes to design, the Xiaomi Redmi K30s can be best described as a spitting image of the Redmi Mi 10T. The resemblance is uncanny. They also share the same color variants, which is going to make differentiating them by their outward appearance difficult.
Perusing the Redmi K30s chassis, you will find a square camera module on the rear bearing four cameras and an LED flash. You will also find some text branding on the rear, give you some details about the mobile phone, and furthermore let you know it’s a Xiaomi smartphone.
Upfront, we have got a 6.67-inch display, which happens to be the same size as the Xiaomi Redmi K30 ultra’s display. However, comparing the display properties on both smartphones reveals that opted for an IPS LCD panel as opposed to the AMOLED panel we got on the K30 ultra.
Xiaomi sort of made compensation for this downgrade in the display panel, by employing a 144Hz refresh rate, as opposed to 120Hz on the K30 ultra.
The other major parameters of the display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 395 PPI.
Enthusiats who decide to go for this mobile phone will have to decide between Cosmic Black and Lunar Silver, as those are the color variants available.
The cameras on the Xiaomi Redmi K30s, are sort of a reminiscence of what we of the cameras on the Redmi K30 ultra. With what appears to be just a missing camera.
The rear camera package offers a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, a 13MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 5MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
The front shooter encompasses a 20MP front camera with an aperture of f/2.2. With this camera, you can record and
Hardware and Software
Performance hardware-wise, we have got almost the same specs sheet as seen on the Redmi K30 ultra. We have got the same Snapdragon 865 processor, the same Adreno 650 GPU, a 5000mAh battery the same 33W fast charge mechanism.
However, the Redmi K30s ditches the 6GB RAM variant on the former and offers only 8GB of RAM, it also shortens the storage variant and offers 128GB and 256GB of internal storage. Laying waste to the 512GB variant.
On the software side, we have the MIUI 12 user interface on the Android 10 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi K30s features, a USB Type C port, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G internet connectivity for streaming, uploads, and downloads.
Xiaomi Redmi K30s Specs, Price, and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi K30s starts around $390 for the base 8GB / 128GB variant, which translates to 148,298 Naira in Nigeria, 42,522 KSH in Kenya, and 2,270 GHC in Ghana.
The Xiaomi Redmi K30s was announced on October 27th, 2020, and is expected to be available for purchase from the 11th of November 2020.
Xiaomi Redmi K30s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi K30s:
- Platform: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7nm+) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Cosmic Black, Lunar Silver
- Dimension: 165.1 x 76.4 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 216 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.67 – inch IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate 395 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 13MP (Ultrawide) + 5MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, /30fps, /60fps, /60/120/240/960fps; gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20 MP Camera, f/2.2, HDR,
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: –
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- Maps: Yes (Google Map)
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity